Multiple companies hired or promoted executives into the chief sustainability officer (CSO) role during August 2023. The CSO appointments happened worldwide at companies across multiple vertical markets -- including aviation, biotechnology, data centers, financial services, real estate & more.
Here are the CSO names technology partners need to know:
1. Jeffrey Ball: CSL, a global biotechnology company, promoted Jeffrey Ball to chief sustainability officer (CSO). Ball is the first executive to hold the CSO position at CSL.
2. Glenn S. Banaguas: Philippine Airlines (PAL) hired climate scientist Glenn S. Banaguas as chief resiliency and sustainability officer.
3. Faisal Falaknaz: Aldar Properties PJSC named Faisal Falaknaz as group chief financial and sustainability officer (GCFSO). Falaknaz had been interim GCFSO since January 2023.
4. Nollaig Forrest: Sustainable building and construction company Holcim promoted Nollaig Forrest to chief sustainability officer (CSO), effective September 1, 2023, according to Holim's LinkedIn page.
5. Jo-Ann Garbutt: Digital Realty Trust Inc., a global data center provider and IT services firm, named Jo-Ann Garbutt as director of sustainability and government engagement.
6. Pranjal Jyoti Goswami: Apparel exporter Gokaldas Exports of India hired Pranjal Jyoti Goswami as chief sustainability officer.
7. Samia Robbins: Montea, a European logistics real estate firm with sustainable warehouse expertise, hired Arup veteran Samia Robbins as chief sustainability officer (CSO).
8. Jenn-Hui Tan: Fidelity International has promoted Jenn-Hui Tan to chief sustainability officer. This is a newly created position at the company.
9. Casper Vroemen: IFF promoted VP Casper Vroemen to succeed Gregory Yep as chief R&D and sustainability officer, effective September 1, 2023. Yep resigned to pursue a new opportunity at another organization.
10. Kevin Welsh: Airlines for America (A4A) has hired Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) veteran Kevin Welsh as VP of environment and chief sustainability officer (CSO).
New Chief Sustainability Officers (CSOs): Why Technology Partners Should Care
By 2027, 25% of Global 2000 companies will have assigned a chief sustainability officer (CSO) responsible for meeting their organization’s ESG goals and making ESG-related IT purchasing decisions, according to IDC.
Technology partners need to extend their sales, marketing, engagement and support strategies to successfully fulfill those CSO needs, Sustainable Tech Partner believes.