Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT services companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Green IT Alliances
1. New Chief Sustainability Officer: M&G has hired Kathy Ryan as chief sustainability officer to lead the group’s sustainability strategy, InvestmentWeek reported.
2. Talent - Energy Consulting: Charles River Associates has hired Dieter Keller-Giessbach as VP of the company's Energy Practice. Keller-Giessbach previously was director of energy, sustainability and infrastructure at a global consultancy where he managed market and account teams, as well as external partnerships, including a climate consortium and an alliance of hydrogen partners
3. Partnership - Sustainability Data: Clarity AI and Radient AI have announced a strategic partnership where Clarity AI's sustainability data will integrate into Radient AI’s fund intelligence platform.
4. Earnings - Solar Energy: Enphase Energy's stock fell nearly 18% after the company reported mixed Q3 results and issued Q4 financial guidance that was well below Wall Street's forecasts, SeekingAlpha reported.
5. Fleet Management Software: ChargePoint has expanded its fleet management software to support mixed-fuel and all-electric fleets. The platform spans charging station management, vehicle telematics, and mobility services such as over the road session reimbursement and roaming. ChargePoint also is rolling out support for Tesla's NACS connector. The technology updates arrive one month after ChargePoint announced layoffs in order to accelerate a path to profitability.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments, Funding and Green IT Business Launches
1. Funding: The Rockefeller Foundation announced a $1 million grant to Elemental Excelerator, a nonprofit investor in climate technology for deep community impact. The grant is designed to empower entrepreneurs "bringing critical decarbonization technologies from demonstration to commercial scale in frontline communities in the U.S."
2. M&A - IT Asset Disposition (ITAD): CSI Leasing Malaysia has acquired ExportXcel, an ITAD company that specializes in used and refurbished IT equipment, Monitor Daily reported. CSI Leasing Malaysia will operate under ExportXcel's EPC banner.
3. M&A: Accenture has acquired Comtech Group, a consulting and program management company for infrastructure projects in Canada and the United States. Comtech's expertise includes energy transitions. Comtech and Anser Advisory -- another recent Accenture acquisition -- tuck into Accenture’s digital engineering and manufacturing service, known as Industry X.
4. M&A List: Here's our database of all M&A deals involving sustainability, green IT and renewable energy buyers, sellers and investors.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States - Building Energy Management: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has launched a web-based tool that enables users to explore aggregate energy use data from more than 150,000 commercial and multi-family buildings in the United States. The new Data Explorer tool will help building managers "unlock potential savings based on the data from ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager," the EPA said.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Gartner Supply Chain Planning Summit 2023 (October 29-31, London)
- Forbes Middle East Sustainability Leaders Summit 2023 (November 1-3, Abu Dhabi, UAE)
- World Travel & Tourism Council Global Summit (November 1-3, Kigali, Rwanda)
- ACESD 2023: Asia Conference on Environmental and Sustainable Development (November 3-5, Sapporo, Japan)
- Cisco Partner Summit 2023 (November 6-9, Miami, Florida)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.