Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT services companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Green IT Alliances
1. IT Services: NTT Data Business Solutions, a major IT consulting firm that deploys and manages SAP enterprise software applications for customers, has outlined multiple net-zero carbon emissions goals.
2. ESG Consulting Services: Hickey Global, an economic development consulting firm, has launched ESGReady, a strategic advisory offering for economic development organizations (EDOs) of all types, the company said.
3. Salesforce - Carbon Accounting Software: CFEX has launched CFEX Meter-to-Carbon Scope 2 Accounting App on Salesforce AppExchange. The app allows Salesforce Net Zero Cloud customers to:
- Manage hourly consumption and renewable supply meter data;
- centralize the management of hourly and aggregate EACs (environmental attribute certificates);
- allocate EACs against their energy consumption on an hourly or aggregate basis;
- account for location and market-based Scope 2 emissions per the GHG Protocol; and
- report them through the Net Zero Cloud;
4. SAP Software: The RISE for SAP platform's premium plus edition bow supports Sustainability Footprint Management and Sustainability Control Tower software, the company said.
5. Partnership - ESG Software: PwC India and Workiva have partnered to help customers manage their Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) processes.
6. Help Wanted: The University of New Mexico (UNM) is seeking a director of sustainability to lead a newly creating Sustainability Department. The department will focus on 2040 net-zero goals and five core university activities:
- Material Management
- Buildings and Grounds
- Food and Dining Services
7. Big Business - ESG Shortcomings: Fewer than one in five of the world's biggest polluting companies have short-term emissions reductions targets in line with keeping global temperature rises below 1.5 degrees Celsius, according to the Climate Action 100+ (CA100+) steering committee, Reuters reported.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments, Funding and Green IT Business Launches
1. Funding: Klimate of Denmark has raised €3.5 million (US$3.7 million) in seed funding for its CO2 asset management platform. The company's partner directory is here.
2. Funding: Elemental Excelerator has invested $12.5 million into 15 climate technology startups. Key focus areas include "transformative technologies crucial for heating and cooling our homes, reimagining critical resource extraction, advancing carbon removal and transforming our food system," Elemental Excelerator said.
3. Climate Tech Investing: Venture capital and private equity investments in climate technology startups has declined 40% so far in 2023, according to PwC research.
4. All M&A Deals: Our list of M&A deals focused on sustainability tracks hundreds of buyers, sellers and private equity investors who focus on green IT services, renewable energy & more.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. COP28: Saudi Aramco CEO Amin Nasser said the COP28 conference should focus on cutting emissions from hydrocarbons, rather than reducing their production, Reuters reported.
2. United States Wind Power Shortcomings: President Joe Biden's offshore wind strategy -- which includes major milestones by 2030 -- will be impossible to reach, some critics now say, according to Bloomberg.
. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Sustainable Retail Summit 2023 (October 18-20, Copenhagen, Denmark)
- The Political Economics of Environmental Sustainability Conference 2023 (October 23-24, Stanford University)
- VERGE 23 Climate Tech Event (October 24-26, San Jose, California)
- NAEM's EHS & Sustainability Management Forum 2023 (October 24-27, Cleveland, Ohio)
- Valencia Digital Summit 2023 (October 26-27, Valencia)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.