Hitachi Vantara has unveiled multiple Sustainability Solutions and Services to help customers address understand and reduce the carbon footprint from physical and digital operations -- including IT infrastructure.
The new solutions and services surface roughly three months after Hitachi Vantara unveiled the State of Data Infrastructure Sustainability report -- which revealed major disconnects between sustainability goals and outcomes to date. Among the proof points:
- 58% of CEOs and Chief Digital Officers (CDOs) say an eco-friendly data center is one of the most effective ways to reduce their company’s carbon footprint;
- 50% of Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) agree with that statement.
- However, only 14% of CFOs and 31% of Chief Sustainability Officers (CSOs) agreed.
Hitachi Vantara Sustainability Solutions and Services: Details for Green IT and More
Amid that backdrop, the new sustainability solutions and services are designed to help customers address decarbonization across four areas:
- Green IT: These services will help customers to address application and asset energy efficiency, power supply and equipment, scope 3 cloud emissions, energy efficient IT architecture and data stewardship.
- Manufacturing: These solutions will help customers to address "energy consumption and carbon emissions across manufacturing processes and value chains to realize business growth through lower carbon intensity and resource efficiency."
- Facilities: These services will help customers to leverage sensors, advanced analytics, and control systems to achieve greater energy efficiencies and cost savings.
- Data and Analytics: This service will allow customers to "co-create solutions for greater impact on social and environmental issues that matter the most to you and your stakeholders through Hitachi’s extensive expertise in IoT, advanced analytics, digital twin, and AI technologies," the company said.
Business Background and Scale
Hitachi Vantara is the infrastructure, data management and digital solutions subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd. The subsidiary's core services include:
- Hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Data governance and compliance
- Intelligent data management
- Infrastructure modernization
Hitachi Vantara serves roughly 85% of the Global Fortune 100, and the company generates roughly $15 billion in revenue from the IT sector. The company has roughly 13,000 employees listed on LinkedIn.
Some of Hitachi Vantara's sister company's also focus on sustainability initiatives and opportunities. For instance: Hitachi Energy partnered with Google Cloud to help customers accelerate their energy transitions. Additional moves from that Hitachi business unit may surface at the Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software Solutions User Conference Americas in May 2024.