Multiple companies hired or promoted executives into the chief sustainability officer (CSO) role during July 2023. The CSO appointments happened worldwide at companies across multiple vertical markets -- including financial services, digital streaming, retail, manufacturing, mining and more.
Here are the CSO names technology partners need to know:
1. Giovanni Cossu: CapitaLand Development (CLD), a real estate firm in Asia, has named Giovanni Cossu as head of sustainability. He reports to Wee Hsien Tan, CEO of CLD’s new business and strategic planning division.
2. Amelia DeLuca: Delta Air Lines named Amelia DeLuca as chief sustainability officer, effective August 1, 2023. DeLuca succeeded Pam Fletcher, who stepped down from the role.
3. Jessica Donohue: Financial services firm State Street Corp. named Jessica Donohue as head of global investment insights, sustainability and impact.
4. Lynette Hawthorne: Pozitive, which focuses on high-end printing, graphics and digital services, promoted Lynette Hawthorne to chief sustainability officer.
5. Rachel Hurley: Paine Schwartz Partners, which focuses on sustainable food chain and agribusiness investing, hired Blackstone and Apollo Global Management veteran Rachel Hurley as head of sustainability.
6. Mike Ng: OCBC (Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp), one of Singapore's largest banks, named Mike Ng as its first group chief sustainability officer (CSO). The move arrived amid multiple sustainability milestones and net-zero strategy announcements from the Asia-focused bank.
New Chief Sustainability Officers (CSOs): Why Technology Partners Should Care
By 2027, 25% of Global 2000 companies will have assigned a chief sustainability officer (CSO) responsible for meeting their organization’s ESG goals and making ESG-related IT purchasing decisions, according to IDC.
Technology partners need to extend their sales, marketing, engagement and support strategies to successfully fulfill those CSO needs, Sustainable Tech Partner believes.