Good morning. Here is the latest news, research and market analysis that sustainable technology partners need to know for Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
1. CIO Sustainability Priorities: The latest sustainability priorities from IBM CIO Kathryn Guarini and SAP Chief Digital and Information Officer Florian Roth are here from The Wall Street Journal.
2. Mitsubishi - Net-Zero Emissions Strategy: Mitsubishi Corp. is ready to act "now" on renewable energy toward meeting Japan's goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050, President and CEO Katsuya Nakanishi told Nikkei Asia.
3. India Renewable Energy: Delhi, India can transition away from fossil fuels entirely by as early as 2050, researchers from Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology in Finland asserted.
4. India Railways: The railways ministry of India has rolled out a five-pronged energy efficiency plan to become carbon-neutral by 2030, according to Business Standard. The ministry is looking to reduce overall energy use with efficient operations and increase renewable energy usage, the report said.
5. World Bank Strategy: The World Bank is seeking to vastly expand its lending capacity to address climate change and other global crises and will negotiate with shareholders ahead of April 2023 meetings on proposals that include a capital increase and new lending tools, according to Reuters.
6. M&A: Duke Energy acquired Wildflower Solar. Also, private equity firm Agathos Management has acquired Simply Sustainable.
7. Caterpillar Names Chief Sustainability Officer: Details are here.
8. Did you miss yesterday's update?: Here's what you missed.
Got news to share? Email the details to Sustainable Tech Partner Editorial Director Joe Panettieri.