Good morning. Here is the latest news, research and market analysis for that sustainable technology partners need to know for Monday, January 2, 2023.
1. Research - CEOs on Sustainability: Fully 81% of organizations have a sustainability strategy in place and 53% of the CEOs rated sustainability as a top priority, according to an IBM CEO Study from 2022. However, only 35% of the polled organizations have started executing sustainability initiatives, the study revealed.
2. Microsoft Azure Cloud Sustainability: Here's how Microsoft measures data center water and energy use to improve Azure cloud sustainability, according to Corporate VP Noelle Walsh. Take a closer look, and here are localized fact sheets to explain how Microsoft's Azure data centers impact specific regions around the globe.
3. Cloud Security: Zscaler is carbon neutral as of 2022 and is striving to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2025, according to CEO Jay Chaudhry.
4. Cloud Carbon Measurement Tools: The Cloud Carbon Footprint organization offers a cloud carbon emissions measurement and analysis tool.
5. UK Net Zero Goals: Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's commitment to tackling climate change could face scrutiny early in the new year with the publication of a review into the UK's target of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, Bloomberg reported.
6. Sustainability Consulting - Real Estate: JLL Technologies has launched the Strategic Technology Program, which provides assessment, strategic planning, goal setting and performance measurement services for real estate technologies.
7. Supply Chain Sustainability - India: Oracle India saw a "huge uptake in businesses undertaking initiatives that serve the ESG and the role of sustainability," Oracle India Senior Director Kaushik Mitra told CXO Today.
8. ESG Considerations for 2023: Here are the top 15 ESG-related considerations that will influence strategy in 2023, according to Pickering Energy Partners -- as reported by the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance.
9. Sustainability Metrics to Track for ESG Goals: Check out these sustainability metrics that data center operators can leverage to track progress toward ESG goals and compliance with government regulations, according to Iron Mountain Data Centers.
10. Sustainable Home Energy Management: Schneider Electric will unveil innovations in sustainable home energy management at this year's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
11. Legislation - Climate Disclosure Risks: Keep an eye on these two pending rules that would require disclosure of climate risks, according to JD Supra.
12. Concerns - Net Zero by 2050: Congress should hold hearings on “net zero by 2050” goals to have utilities, public-service commissions, grid operators, regulators and the ESG cartel explain under oath how they plan to accomplish the impossible, according to a Wall Street Journal editorial from Steve Milloy, a senior fellow with the Energy and Environment Legal Institute.
13. Six Climate Milestones in 2022: The 2022 energy crisis was a boon for fossil fuels, but the year also saw the low-carbon transition get policy support like never before, according to Bloomberg.
14. Did you miss yesterday's update?: Here's what you missed.
Got news to share? Email the details to Sustainable Tech Partner Editorial Director Joe Panettieri.