Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Chief Sustainability Officers: Our database of chief sustainability officers now spans 381 CSOs. The latest additions include:
2. Education - Supply Chains: MIT’s Center for Transportation & Logistics is a free online course called Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SCM.290x) program. The course "provides the foundation for you to meet stakeholders’ demands for supply chain sustainability," MIT said.
3. Partnership - Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Services: EVgo Inc. and American Honda Motor Co. are collaborating on multiple fronts. Honda and Acura EV drivers will gain charging credit; technology integration into the HondaLink and Acura EV apps; and access to EVgo’s nationwide network and its roaming partners, the two companies said. Drivers of qualifying Honda and Acura EV models will be eligible to receive up to $750 in charging credit to use at EVgo chargers around the country, the duo added.
4. Software and Consulting Services: Cority is expanding from SaaS-based software to launch Sustainability Advisory Services. The advisory team includes roughly 70 consultants. The launch comes after Cority acquired three sustainability software companies over the past three years: WeSustain, Reporting21 and GreenStone. The software allows customers to collect, manage and report on sustainability and ESG initiatives. Cority has a partner program, but the company did not mention if or how the advisory services will impact the partner program.
5. Accelerator: Acumen, with support from Apple, has selected 15 startups to join the Energy for Livelihoods Accelerator, India Today reported. The 12-week program, hosted in India, is designed to help social entrepreneurs scale and refine their businesses to "transform the lives of people living in poverty, while also protecting the environment."
6. Microsoft Canada: Microsoft has joined the Government of Canada's Net Zero Challenge, according to Chris Barry, president of Microsoft Canada. Businesses that join the challenge "commit to developing and implementing credible and effective plans to transition their facilities and operations to net-zero emissions by 2050," Barry wrote. Microsoft should easily meet that deadline. The company expects to be carbon negative by 2030.
7. Emissions Management: Honeywell's Honeywell's Emissions Management Suite has gained decarbonization audits and reduction roadmaps for thermal solutions. The new service "enables companies to set a comprehensive baseline for thermal system emissions and to follow a clear roadmap towards their carbon reduction," Honeywell said.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments, Funding and Business Launches
1. Startup - Consultancy: Cardano veterans Ben Wilmot and Will Martindale have launched Canbury Insights, a provider of end-to-end sustainability services. Canbury Insights, based in London, offers end-to-end sustainability services. The company's service catalog includes data and analytics; consultancy and research; engagement; client reporting and regulation advice.
2. Interest Rates: Rising interest rates in the US and Europe are forcing environmentally focused investors to rethink Asia's ESG market.
3. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 131 mergers and acquisitions so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
. Africa: Kenya Electricity Generating Co., the East African nation’s main power producer, plans a 1,000 megawatt wind farm that would be the continent’s biggest such facility, Bloomberg reported.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Sustainability Reporting USA 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- ESG Investment North America 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- Net Zero USA 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- IATA World Sustainability Symposium 2023 (October 3-4, Madrid, Spain)
- ClimateTech 2023 (October 4-5, Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.