Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Chief Sustainability Officers: Our database of chief sustainability officers now spans 376 CSOs. The latest addition is incoming Lego Chief Sustainability Officer Annette Stube.
2. MSPs and Sustainability Services: Multiple market pressures may motivate MSPs to offer sustainability services, according to Canalys and Cisco Systems research.
3. Consulting Services: TCS shares some tips for "sustainability by design strategies."
4. Partnerships: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and ZutaCore are partnering to "bring zero-emissions to the data industry," the two companies said. The relationship involves white-label technologies and direct-liquid-cooling solutions.
5. Building Energy Management: Trane Technologies has launched Trane Autonomous Control Powered by BrainBox AI. The solution provides "building owners and facility managers an additional tool to accelerate decarbonization and reduce energy consumption," Train said. Related Podcast: BrainBox AI CEO Sam Ramadori explains autonomous building management strategy.
6. Wind Power Setbacks: A perfect storm of supply chain delays, design flaws and higher costs in the offshore wind industry has put dozens of projects at risk of not being delivered in time for countries to meet climate goals, Reuters reported.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. Funding - Waste Management and Recycling: Resourcify has raised €14m Series A funding. The company develops a SaaS platform to manage waste and recycling, and to build circular economies. Vorwerk Ventures led the round. Revent, Ananda Impact Ventures, Speedinvest, BonVenture and WEPA Ventures participated in the funding. Resourcify's business valuation was not disclosed.
2. United Kingdom: The chiefs of several investor-focused groups and firms with more than $1.5 trillion in combined assets have written to British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak to warn him against watering down the country's climate policies, Reuters reported.
3. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 131 mergers and acquisitions so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. Europe - Green Data Center Initiative: Danfoss, Google, Microsoft and Schneider Electric have launched the Net Zero Innovation Hub For Data Centers. The hub, based in Fredericia, Denmark, will "bring together the data center sector across Europe to find concrete solutions to accelerate the green transition," the founders said.
2. Germany - Electric Vehicle Charging Network: TotalEnergies has won a contract to install and operate 1,100 high-power charge points (HPC) for electrical vehicles (up to 200 kW). The win is part of the German government's tender for the "Deutschlandnetz" ("Germany network"). The charging points will be grouped in “EV hubs” at 134 locations in eastern, central and western Germany. The new charge points will entirely be supplied with renewable electricity, TotalEnergies said.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Sustainability Reporting USA 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- ESG Investment North America 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- Net Zero USA 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- IATA World Sustainability Symposium 2023 (October 3-4, Madrid, Spain)
- ClimateTech 2023 (October 4-5, Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.