Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Chief Sustainability Officers: Our database of chief sustainability officers now spans 376 CSOs. The latest addition is Julie Cournoyer, global director of sustainability at Fyffes.
2. Partnership - Supply Chain Management: Logistics management specialist Kuehne+Nagel and IT consulting firm Capgemini are partnering to create a supply chain orchestration service. The service targets large corporations in the consumer, healthcare, and industrial sectors.
3. Software: HowGood has developed a FLAG (Forest, Land and Agriculture) dashboard its SaaS platform. The dashboard allows food and beverage companies to "establish accurate emissions baselines and set strategies to continuously improve their environmental impact," HowGood said.
4. Partnership - Green Data Centers and Networks: Start Campus and Colt Technology Services are partnering to expand Colt's IQ Network locally and globally, and make Start Campus's SINES Projec its home to power the connectivity requirements of the customers. The partnership surfaces a few weeks after Start Campus announced plans to leverage sustainable water cooling from Nautilus Data Technologies and IT monitoring services from Kyndryl for a massive, sustainable hyperscale data center project in Europe.
5. Partnership - Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS): GE Vernova’s Digital business and EnergyHub have partnered to help electric utilities manage distributed energy resources (DERs). The partership "combines the advanced grid optimization capabilities of GE Vernova’s GridOS" DERMS with EnergyHub’s DERMS management and control over an extensive portfolio of grid-edge DERs." The result is a "comprehensive and scalable solution designed to streamline the management of these emerging energy assets," the two companies said.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. Funding - Venture Capital and IoT: Innovation Industries has invested in EnOcean, which specializes in sustainable Internet of Things (IoT) as well as maintenance-free and battery-free sensor-to-cloud solutions. Financial terms of the investment were not disclosed.
2. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 131 mergers and acquisitions so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States: If a US government shutdown occurs, the shutdown could delay billions of dollars in clean-energy incentives from President Joe Biden’s signature climate law at a pivotal time for investment, Bloomberg reported.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Sustainability Reporting USA 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- ESG Investment North America 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- Net Zero USA 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- IATA World Sustainability Symposium 2023 (October 3-4, Madrid, Spain)
- ClimateTech 2023 (October 4-5, Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.