Business conglomerate Kuok Group of Singapore has hired Moody's and HSBC veteran Komi Rajdev as general manager, group sustainability.
Here are three things to know about Rajdev and Kuok Group's sustainability strategy.
1. Business Scope and Scale: Kuok Group, based in Singapore, was founded in 1953. The Asian investment holding company focuses on Digital infrastructure, Maritime and Real Estate sectors.
We don't know Kuok Group's overall sustainability strategy. But several company subsidiaries have published various sustainability statements and strategies. Some background includes:
- Pacc Offshore Services Holdings (POSH Group), which provides offshore and subsea solutions and support services in the energy and renewables sector. The company's sustainability efforts include reducings singing-use plastics; engine optimization; LNG-fueled and battery-powered vessel research; waste management and offshore wind solutions.
- Pacific Carriers Limited: PCL provides shipping services and maritime supply chain solutions for customers across the globe. All new PCL vessels with the Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan comply with the Energy Efficiency Design Index.
- PaxOcean Group: The company owns and operates five shipyards located in Singapore, China and Indonesia.
- Allgreen Properties: The company offers property development and investment, construction, and project and property services. Allgreen’s sustainability journey is guided by the three key themes of environmental stewardship, social responsibilities, and corporate governance to "positively contribute sustainably towards the communities where we live and operate," the company said. "It incorporates sustainability as a key consideration throughout the entire life cycle of its developments, from investment, planning and design, procurement, construction, marketing and sales, to operations and maintenance."
- K2 Data Centres: K2 is an international developer, owner and operator of hyper-scale digital infrastructure assets that involve renewable energy.
2. Komi Rajdev's Executive Experience: Rajdev's previous experience includes:
3. Executive Perspectives: In a note posted on LinkedIn, Rajdev wrote: "I am delighted to share that I have joined Kuok Group (Singapore) as General Manager, leading Group Sustainability. I am honoured to be part of the sustainability journey of an international conglomerate that operates across diverse industries such as maritime, real estate and digital infrastructure."
Kuok Group Sustainability Strategy: Why Technology Partners Should Care
By 2027, 25% of Global 2000 companies will have assigned a chief sustainability officer (CSO) responsible for meeting their organization’s ESG goals and making ESG-related IT purchasing decisions, according to IDC.
Technology partners need to extend their sales, marketing, engagement and support strategies to successfully fulfill those CSO needs, Sustainable Tech Partner believes.