Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. New Corporate Sustainability Reports: Our database tracking corporate sustainability reports and associated net-zero goals now spans 112 companies and organizations. Today's addition involves an Equitable Bank sustainability report.
2. Building Management Service & ITSM Software: Spritle Software is expanding beyond the airport sector to promote Integrated Building Management Services (IBMS) across all vertical markets. The software, which integrates with Zoho ManageEngine, is designed for smart buildings and facilities managers with an eye towards sustainability.
3. Financial Results: Siemens Energy, which supplies equipment and services to the power sector, posted forecast-beating second-quarter sales and lifted its revenue outlook, as strong demand pushed the firm's order book past the 100 billion euro ($110 billion) mark, Reuters reported.
4. Cloud Services - SAP and Google Partnership: SAP and Google Cloud are exploring ways to combine SAP Datasphere with broader ESG data sets and insights powered by Google Cloud to accelerate sustainability journeys with actionable insights, the two companies said.
B. Sustainability M&A & Investments
Nothing to see here today. Move along. Move along.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability News
1. United States - New York: The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has released the agency's first-ever sustainability plan, which includes commitments to decarbonize operations and help ensure DEC reduces its impact on the environment. The plan, which covers 2023 through 2028,) identifies 25 goals and 70 actions.
2. United States - Texas Solar Energy Customers: EMD Electronics, Biogen, Wayfair, and Autodesk will source solar energy from Liberty Solar -- a Recurrent Energy project that's roughly 50 miles from Houston, Texas. Recurrent expects Liberty Solar to be online by 2024.
3. United States - Atlanta Fleet Management: Rubicon Technologies has announced a three-year smart city partnership with the City of Atlanta in order to drive sustainable performance for their solid waste, recycling, and street sweeping fleets, E&E Leader reported.
4. European Union - Policy: European Union countries are set to finalize a new renewable energy target to get 42.5% of the bloc's energy from renewable sources by 2030, a final version of the law showed, Reuters reported. The EU and its member states are pushing hard to decarbonize their economies to tackle climate change and shore up security of supply by developing a European green industry to avoid dependence on energy from any one country such as Russia, the report said.
5. Middle East - Decarbonization Competition: ADNOC, an energy company owned by the Abu Dhabi government, launched a global competition called the Decarbonization Technology Challenge. The effort -- backed by Amazon Web Services (AWS), bp, Hub71 and the Net Zero Technology Center -- will reward "scale up" companies specializing in carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS), new energies, oil and gas emissions reduction, digital applications and advanced materials for decarbonization, and nature-based solutions. Ten finalists will be invited to pitch their innovations to a panel of judges in December 2023. Winners will receive up to $1 million (AED3,670,000) in piloting opportunities with ADNOC.
6. Middle East - Financial Services and Microsoft: Emirates NBD, a banking group in the MENAT (Middle East, North Africa and Türkiye) region, has signed a partnership with Microsoft focused on sustainability and innovation initiatives, the two companies announced.
7. Middle East - Telecom Services Partnership: TAWAL and Ericsson have extended their partnership to deliver sustainable and efficient telecom infrastructure in Saudi Arabia, the two organizations said.
8. China - Small Business ESG Partnership: The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) and Dun & Bradstreet (HK) Limited (D&B) have partnered to help small businesses and startups with ESG registered services.
Send Us Your News Tips: Got news or chatter to share? Please email me.