Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology Developments
1. New Corporate Sustainability Reports: Our database of sustainability reports now includes annual updates from Aston Martin, Kilroy Realty, MGM Reports.
2. Fleet Management Software: Samsara Inc. has launched a Sustainable Fleet Management solution to help customers "reduce emissions, jumpstart electrification, and meet their sustainability goals," the company said. See partner program information here.
3. Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS): EnergyHub claims to be the first distributed energy resource management systems (DERMS) provider to have more than one million distributed energy resources (DERs) under management. The DERs include smart thermostats, electric vehicles (EVs) and EV charging equipment, energy storage systems, water heaters, and more. EnergyHub works with more than 60 utility clients across North America and hundreds of device partners to support DER-based virtual power plants (VPPs). VPPs are critical components of the resource stack, keeping the grid reliable and accelerating decarbonization, EnergyHub asserts.
4. Green Buildings - Top Energy Star Cities: Los Angeles has nearly 750 ENERGY STAR certified buildings, followed by Washington, D.C. (555 buildings) and Atlanta, Georgia (376), Energy Star reported.
5. Research - Sustainability Concerns: Nearly 60% of decision makers are concerned about the strength of their company's sustainability strategy, according to an enterprise survey from CCS Insight and NTT Data.
6. Research - ESG Consulting: Environment Analyst, the independent market intelligence partner and advisor to the global consulting and professional services industry, has published an assessment of how the world's major environmental & sustainability (E&S) consultants are responding to the rapidly evolving climate and ESG disclosure landscape, the organization said.
7. Climate Footprint Disclosures: Consumers could see carbon footprints on common products they buy as the world’s green transition forces companies to increase transparency on emissions, said billionaire investor Tom Steyer, Bloomberg reported.
B. Sustainability Partnerships, Alliances, M&A & Investments
1. M&A List - 2023 Deal Flow: We have now tracked 34 M&A deals involving sustainability & renewable energy so far far this year.
2. Funding - Energy Storage: Energy Dome, an energy storage startup, has raised 40 million euro ($44 million) in Series B funding. The round was co-led by Eni Next and Neva SGR. Energy Dome is enabling grid decarbonization by making solar and wind power dispatchable 24/7, the startup company asserts. Energy Dome develops the CO2 Battery, a long-duration energy storage system.
3. Funding.- ESG Reporting Software: FuturePlus, which develops sustainability management and ESG reporting software, has raised £750,000 (US$938,000), the London-based company said, according to TechFundingNews.
4. Partnership - ERP Software: SAP, in partnership with IBM, explains how ERP software can assist sustainability initiatives. ERP, short for Enterprise Resource Planning, typically involves a suite of back-end business management software.
5. Partnership - Consulting & Software: Wipfli LLP has partnered with Sustain.Life to offer "effective software solutions for clients to measure, manage and report future sustainability initiatives," the companies said.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability News
1. Germany: Renewable energy accounted for 50.3% of Germany's power consumption in the first three months of 2023, data from utility group BDEW and the Centre for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research (ZSW) showed, according to Reuters.
Send Us Your News Tips: Got news or chatter to share? Please email me.