2. Partnership - ESG Consulting: B2i Technologies and McAlan LC have formed a strategic alliance to educate executive teams and corporate boards about ESG and associated business strategies. B2i Technologies has specialized in investor relations digital services since 2000. McAlan is a boutique provider of information, advice and solutions for sustainable business success.
3. Bankruptcy - Electric Vehicles: U.S. electric truck manufacturer Lordstown Motors filed for bankruptcy protection and put itself up for sale after failing to resolve a dispute over a promised investment from Taiwan's Foxconn, Reuters reported.
4. Partnership - ESG Benchmarking Software:Diligent has partnered with sustainability tech provider Clarity AI to launch an ESG module. The module provides "organizations and investors greater transparency into ESG scores and how a company’s climate data measures against the wider market," Diligent said.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United Kingdom - ESG Investor Concerns: Investors in the UK are starting to worry that the anti-ESG movement may spread from the US and get a foothold on the other side of the Atlantic, Bloomberg reported.
2. Germany: The country has approved only about 6% of the new high-voltage power lines needed to achieve a fully green power system, Bloomberg reported, highlighting the uphill battle the country faces to reach grid expansion goals, energy regulator Bundesnetzagentur said.
3. China: Poman Lo, Regal Hotels Group vice chairman and managing director, has been appointed as a member of the Green Technology and Finance Development Committee. The committee has a twofold mission: Driving the development of green technology and finance in Hong Kong, as well as spearheading new goals and strategies for achieving carbon neutrality.