Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology Developments
1. B2B Marketplace: TEORRA has launched a B2B marketplace that connects "trusted sustainable suppliers to brands and companies globally." The company's goal is to "make sustainability accessible, transparent and measurable for businesses, all through an easy-to-use marketplace," TEORRA said.
2. AT&T Sustainability Strategy: Chief Sustainability Officer Charlene Lake offers perspectives here.
B. Sustainability Partnerships, Alliances, M&A & Investments
1. M&A - Carbon Capture Technology: Honeywell has acquired Compressor Controls Corporation (CCC) for $670 million. The deal's valuation is roughly 15 times 2023 estimated EBITDA on a tax adjusted basis. CCC develops turbomachinery control and optimization solutions, including control hardware, software and services, and primarily serves the LNG (liquefied natural gas), gas processing, refining and petrochemical segments.
2. M&A - Smart Buildings: M.C. Dean has acquired International Energy Conservation Systems Inc. (IEC Systems), a developer of building automation and energy management systems. See M.C. Dean partner program information here.
3. M&A - Sustainability Software for Events: Momentus Technologies has acquired WeTrack, a provider of sustainability, project management incident tracking and control room software based in London, UK. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
4. M&A - Carbon Emission Software Reporting: Everstream Analytics has acquired BlueNode, a software company that helps streamline logistics and facilitates carbon emission measurement and reporting, the buyer said. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
5. Financial Services: Goldman Sachs Group Inc. says it’s more than halfway toward meeting a goal of putting $750 billion toward sustainable finance by the end of this decade, Bloomberg reported. The Wall Street firm has dedicated $425 billion to ESG projects across its investing, financing and advisory services, according to its 2022 sustainability report, which measures progress since the target was set in 2019.
6. Private Equity: Apollo Global Management has launched a $4 billion fund to invest in companies looking to transition to clean energy, Reuters reported.
7. Partnership - Net Zero Data Centers: Redivider has selected nZero’s carbon management platform for its upcoming zero-emission edge data centers, the company said.
8. Partnership - Data Center Power: Bloom Energy has signed an agreement with Elugie to provide a total of 9.75 megawatts (MW) of power from the Bloom Energy Server at five commercial, industrial and data center sites in Belgium. It is Bloom’s first entry to the northern Europe market. Elugie, which has its headquarters in Riga, Latvia, with offices in Mechelen, Belgium, is an energy service company in the Benelux market of Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, the companies noted.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability News
1. EU Air Travel: European Union negotiators secured a deal to decarbonize the air travel sector, seeking to slash heat-trapping emissions by stimulating the region’s green aviation fuel market, CNBC reported. The agreement on the so-called ReFuelEU Aviation proposal was reached by the European Parliament and the Council. It must now be approved by EU countries to become law, which is typically a formality, CNBC added.
Send Us Your News Tips: Got news or chatter to share? Please email me.