Here is today’s sustainability, Net Zero and circular economy news, research and analysis. This daily update is designed for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs and chief sustainability officers (CSOs).
Send Us Your News Tips: Got news or chatter to share? Please email me.
Our updates for Wednesday, March 22, 2023 include…
A. Sustainability and Net-Zero News and Research
1. Remote Power Monitoring and Management: Stryten Energy, a U.S.-based energy storage solutions provider, has upgraded the Monitor module in Stryten Energy inCOMMAN -- a an energy performance management software tool that allows customers to design and deploy web-connected battery and charger solutions.
2. Data Centers: Keep an eye on GreenSquareDC, a sustainable data center company based in Australia...
3. Leadership: John Belizaire has been promoted to CEO of Soluna Holdings Inc. in addition to his role as CEO of Soluna Computing Inc. (SCI). Soluna develops green data centers that convert excess renewable energy into global computing resources. The company builds modular, scalable data centers for computing intensive, batchable applications such as Bitcoin mining, AI, and machine learning, Soluna said.
4. Research - ESG Reporting Software Market Forecast: The Global ESG Reporting Software Market is expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2027, up from $700 million in 2022. That's a 15.9% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to MarketsandMarkets.
5. Research - Electric Vehicles: Just over one-third of Americans would consider buying an electric vehicle for their next model, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found.
6. Research - Carbon Allowances: Governments globally raised a record $63 billion from the sale of carbon allowances in emission trading systems in 2022, Reuters reported, based on the Emissions Trading Worldwide: 2023 ICAP Status Report.
7. Research - Carbon Capture Technology Challenges: Technology that sucks carbon emissions out of the air would need more energy than used to run the world’s homes if it’s to play a significant role in reaching global climate goals, according to a Bloomberg report about Shell Plc research.
8. Net Zero Goal - Broadband Infrastructure: STL, which develops optical and digital solutions for broadband networks, has committed to Science-based Targets Initiative (SBTi) as part of its goal to be net-zero by 2023.
9. Digital Twin Software: Keep an eye on ClimaTwin, a software platform and climate risk "intelligence solution" that allows customers to connect "complex climate models and infrastructure digital twins"
B. Sustainability and Net-Zero Government Policies
1. Europe - Green Washing Fines: The European Commission wants to require companies in Europe to back up climate-friendly claims about their products with evidence, under draft rules to stamp out misleading green labels for products from clothing to cosmetics, Reuters reported.
2. Australia: Carol Adams, the newly appointed chair of the GRI standards governance body, has suggested that Australia should model its future climate reporting regime on EU (European Union) rules rather than the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSP) global standards, according to Responsible Investor.
C. Sustainability Funding, Financing, Mergers & Acquisitions
1. M&A - Sustainable Electronics: Close the Loop, a sustainability company in Australia, is acquiring ISP Tek Services LLC and Captive Trade Corp. for up to US$66 million (A$99.7m).
2. M&A - Renewable Energy: Infinity Power, a joint venture between Egypt’s Infinity and UAE’s Masdar, has acquired Lekela Power. The deal makes Infinity Power the largest renewable energy company on the African continent, the company said. Infinity’s key stakeholders include Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
3. M&A - Energy Consulting: ABL Group ASA is acquiring engineering consultancy and software company AGR AS from Akastor ASA for $24.58 million.
D. Sustainability Partnerships, Alliances and Associations
Nothing to see here today. Move along. Move along.
E. Sustainability Conferences, Summits and Events Calendar
Here are five upcoming sustainability conferences and ESG events for business and technology partners:
- UConn Global Business Leadership in Sustainability Summit (March 24, Storrs, Connecticut)
- Sustainability Week 2023 (March 29-31, London, England)
- Responsible Business USA 2023 Sustainability Conference (April 4-5)
- Green Media Summit 2023 (April 13, New York)
- Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023 (April 17-18)
F. Send Us Your News Tips
Got news tips, research or data to share? Please email me the details.