Here is today’s sustainability, Net Zero and circular economy news, research and analysis. This daily update is designed for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs and chief sustainability officers (CSOs). Note: Got news tips, research or data to share? Please email me the details.
Our updates for Monday, March 13, 2023 include:
1. Talent: MITRE has named Stephanie Turner to the new role of VP, diversity and chief sustainability officer.
2. Building Management Systems: Johnson Controls has unveiled OpenBlue Net Zero Advisor, which uses digitally automated data collection and analytics to "manage and track scope 1 and 2 emissions and assist building owners in reporting for certification and compliance frameworks," the company said.
3. HP Partner Program: HP Inc, the PC and printer maker, continues to tout its Amplify Impact Partner Program -- which has some sustainability components.
4. IT Management and E-Waste: Roel Decneut, chief strategy officer at Lansweeper, explains how businesses can leverage IT asset management to mitigate e-waste.
5. Canada: CIBC announced a sustainable finance offering in collaboration with Export Development Canada (EDC) to "help support export-oriented Canadian businesses transitioning towards more sustainable business operations," the two companies said.
6. Carbon Credits: The Connecticut Green Bank and its partners are touting carbon credit capital funding to "help accelerate the deployment of electric vehicle (EV) charging systems across the United States," the organizations said.
7. Hush, Hush: Green hushing refers to companies purposely keeping quiet about their sustainability goals, even if they are well-intentioned or plausible, for fear of being labeled greenwashers, Fast Company reports.
8. Software: Tredence Inc. has launched Energy.AI, an AI solution designed to "help telecom, technology, manufacturing and CPG companies increase energy efficiency and meet Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and UN Sustainable Development goals," the company said.
Sustainability Conference Calendar
Here are five upcoming sustainability conferences and ESG events for business and technology partners:
- Roth Conference 2023 (March 12-14, Dana Point, California)
- Oman Sustainability Week (March 12-16, Muscat, Oman)
- iMasons Member Summit 2023 (March 13-14, San Francisco, California)
- NAEM Tech23: EHS and ESG Tech Week (March 14-16, Tucson, Arizona)
- Sustainability Week 2023 (March 29-31, London, England)