Here is today’s sustainability, Net Zero and circular economy news, research and analysis. This daily update is designed for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs and chief sustainability officers (CSOs). Note: Got news tips, research or data to share? Please email me the details.
Our updates for Friday, March 10, 2023 include:
1. Building Sustainability: Schneider Electric has upgraded such software platforms as EcoStruxure Building Operation 2023, EcoStruxure Connected Room Solutions, and EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert to "help simplify and speed-up access to data that is essential to manage energy use, help reduce carbon emissions, and enhance building value," the company said.
2. IoT and Smart Buildings: Siemens Smart Infrastructure has launched Connect Box, an "IoT solution designed to manage small to medium-sized buildings."
3. Sustainability Awards: Schneider Electric has announced these sustainability partner awards.
4. Partnership: Schneider Electric and Avarni have announced a new collaboration to "accelerate decarbonization across the value chain."
5. Partnership - Financial Services: Intergiro, a European Banking as a Service (BaaS) platform based in Sweden, announces its partnership with Retreeb, a Swiss payment solution empowering consumers to support social causes.
6. Decarbonize Grants: The Biden administration said it is directing $6 billion in funding to speed decarbonization projects in energy-hungry industries like steel, aluminum and cement making that contribute nearly 25% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, Reuters reported.
7. Europe: Prague Stock Exchange is adopting its first environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting guidelines for Czech companies. The guidelines were developed with the technical assistance of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and technical cooperation support from the TaiwanBusiness-EBRD Technical Cooperation Fund.
8. Green Data Center Honor: Lumi Data Center received has been recognized in the 2023 Data Centre World Awards for the Green Data Centre of the Year. The award was presented at the Data Centre World event in London on 8 March 2023, the company said.
9. Caribbean Startups: The Eastern Caribbean Green Entrepreneurship Initiative (EC Greenpreneurs) has launched a call for applications for the third cohort of its Incubator program, aimed at supporting green entrepreneurs in the Eastern Caribbean region.
Sustainability Conference Calendar
Here are five upcoming sustainability conferences and ESG events for business and technology partners:
- Roth Conference 2023 (March 12-14, Dana Point, California)
- Oman Sustainability Week (March 12-16, Muscat, Oman)
- iMasons Member Summit 2023 (March 13-14, San Francisco, California)
- NAEM Tech23: EHS and ESG Tech Week (March 14-16, Tucson, Arizona)
- Sustainability Week 2023 (March 29-31, London, England)