Good morning. Here is the latest news, research and market analysis that sustainable technology partners need to know for Monday, March 6, 2023.
1. Chief Sustainability Officer Roles: Here are the eight core responsibilities of a Chief Sustainability Officer, according to Capgemini employee contributions to Harvard Business Review.
2. Consulting: Boston Consulting Group (BCG) has formed the global Center for Climate & Sustainability Policy & Regulation to "support clients as they navigate and shape the global transition to a net-zero, nature-positive world," the company said.
3. Cloud Partnership: e& enterprise of Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) has selected Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability solutions as the foundation for a Sustainability-as-a-Service offering.
4. Clean 200 List - IT: Thirty-Four technology companies landed on the Carbon Clean 200 list for 2023. Apple, Alphabet, Deutsche Telekom, Verizon and Tesla were the top five companies on the overall list.
5. Data Centers: Car manufacturer Honda wants to turn old fuel cells for electric vehicles from its production into backup power sources for data centers, Tech News Space reported.
6. Real Estate and ESG: Property owners can use Yardi ESG to "solve the common challenges around data collection, aggregation and GHG (greenhouse gas) reporting," Yardi said.
7. Biotech Sustainability: New York City plans to open a $20 million center for sustainability-focused biotech in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
8. European Union - Combustion Engines: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said talks were constructive with the European Union in resolving a dispute over plans to ban new combustion-engine cars in the bloc from 2035, after Berlin derailed the effort this past week, Bloomberg reported.
9. Nature Calls: Pure Strategies, a sustainability consulting firm, is offering an eight-month Nature Action Forum for Business to help companies progress on their nature programs.
Got news to share? Email the details to Sustainable Technology Partner Editorial Director Joe Panettieri.