Good morning. Here is the latest news, research and market analysis that sustainable technology partners need to know for Thursday, March 2, 2023.
1. M&A - IT and Sustainability Consulting: European management and technology consultancy BearingPoint announced it has acquired the sustainability consulting practice of Korkia, a Helsinki-based investment and advisory company, the two companies said.
2. Apple iPhone and iOS Clean Energy Charging: Details are here...
3. Software - Net Zero Deadline: New Relic plans to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2030 and a commitment to set near-term science based GHG emissions targets. New Relic's GHG emissions targets will be submitted to the Science Based Target initiative (SBTi), joining the more than 1,200 companies worldwide that are "leading the transition to a net-zero economy through emissions targets grounded in climate science," the company said.
4. Chief Sustainability Officers:
5. Report: Deloitte and RMI have released a report to help guide businesses on who to adopt systems that help to address climate change. The Systems Transformation for a Sustainable Future report is here.
6. Research - ESG Reporting Software Market Forecast: The ESG reporting software market is expected to generate a 16% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2022 to 2030, according to Global Market Vision. A teaser for the report did not disclose actual dollar figures in the forecast.
7. Research - Sustainability and Executive Compensation: How can companies potentially align executive compensation with sustainability goals and achievements? This European study by PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) provides some clues.
8. Research - Carbon-Intensive Verticals: Roughly 60% of carbon-intensive organizations are taking steps to reduce emissions but have not yet set net-zero targets, with reliable financing the main barrier to accelerating commitments, according to the Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company.
9. Research - CO2 Emissions: Global CO2 emissions rose less than initially feared in 2022 as clean energy growth offset much of the impact of greater coal and oil use, according to the IEA (International Energy Agency).
10. Healthcare: The European Society of Radiology, Health Care Without Harm Europe and Philips are working together to "accelerate research, collaboration and education related to decarbonizing radiology," the organizations said amid the ECR 2023 conference.
11. Architecture: ClarkDietrich, a manufacturer of cold-formed steel framing products, has launched a the SustainabilityPro digital tool and published the company's first-ever Corporate Sustainability Report.
12. Aviation: Signature Aviation, a private aviation terminal operator, has achieved carbon neutrality for 2022 across its global network of more than 200 FBO (fixed base operator) locations. Signature’s investment in carbon neutrality covers greenhouse gas emissions from all of its ground equipment, vehicles, facilities, electrical and natural gas heating and buildings (known as Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions), the company said.
13. US-UK Strategic Energy Strategy: The U.S.-U.K. Strategic Energy Dialogue held its third meeting in February 2023. Much of the conversation involved energy security, clean energy technology policies, and continued collaboration.
Got news to share? Email the details to Sustainable Technology Partner Editorial Director Joe Panettieri.