Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Annual ESG Reports: Our global database of annual sustainability and ESG reports now spans 265 companies.The latest additions include Canacol Energy and minerals company Covia.
2. Talent - Battery Technology: FREYR Battery has hired Microsoft and Parallels veteran Birger Steen as CEO.
3. ESG Consulting Practice: Optima Partners, a global regulatory compliance and risk management firm, has launched a dedicated ESG Consulting Service Line. Moreover, Will Emtage was named Optima's global head of ESG Consulting Services.
4. SEC Inquiry - Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations: Blink Charging Co. disclosed in a SEC filing that it received an SEC subpoena in July 2023. The company said it is cooperating with the regulator. The subpoena from the SEC requested the production of documentation and other information since January 1, 2020, relating to various subjects, including executive departures, related-party transactions, number of EV charging stations, and other discrete disclosure matters, SeekingAlpha reported.
5. Quarterly Earnings- Energy Storage: Fluence Energy, a provider of energy storage, reported $536.4 in revenue for Q3 of 2023, up 124% from Q3 of 2022. Net loss was $35 million, compared to a $60.8 million net loss in Q3 of 2022.
6. Carbon Credits: Running Tide has delivered the first ever carbon removal credits from an open ocean project, it said, with the credits pre-sold to e-commerce group Shopify, Reuters reported.
7. Net Zero Insurance Alliance - Criticism: The chief executive officer of Zurich Insurance Group AG has spoken out against the network of voluntary climate alliances that represent some of the biggest names in global finance, calling them “political and bureaucratic,” Bloomberg reported.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. M&A - Architecture and Green Buildings Engineers: TYLin, an infrastructure consulting firm, has acquired Architectural Engineers Collaborative (AEC), a privately held structural engineering firm based in Austin, Texas. AEC specialties include Architectural Structures, Engineering Innovation, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and Sustainability/Green Buildings/LEED.
2. M&A - Facilities Management Software: Tango, a provider of cloud-based real estate and facilities management software, has acquired WatchWire, which develops data and analytics to help companies "reduce emissions and energy expenses while simplifying sustainability and carbon reporting," Tango said. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
3. M&A List: See all M&A deals involving sustainability, green IT and renewable energy listed here. The list includes buyers, sellers and private equity investors.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States - Sustainable Mobility and Smart Transportation: The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) is accepting applications for the second year of its Strengthening Mobility and Revolutionizing Transportation (SMART) Grants Program. The program will fund up to $500 million in grants over five years to "conduct demonstration projects focused on advanced smart community technologies and systems that improve transportation efficiency and safety," the USDOT said. The funding focuses on such areas as:
- Coordinated automation
- Connected vehicles
- Systems integration
- Innovative aviation
- Smart grid
- Traffic signals
2. China: The country's carbon dioxide emissions rose to a new record even as surging clean power additions put the nation on a path to hit peak pollution years earlier than expected, Bloomberg reported.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- MEMA Sustainability Summit (August 15, Troy, Michigan)
- World ESG Summit 2023 (August 21-22, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- VMware Explore 2023 (August 21-24, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Google Cloud Next 2023 Partner and Customer Conference (August 29-21, San Francisco)
- Sustainability Live 2023 (Sept. 6-7, London, United Kingdom)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send Us Your News Tips. Please email me the details.