Global management and technology consultancy BearingPoint has acquired the sustainability consulting practice of Korkia, a Helsinki, Finland-based investment and advisory company.
Financial details and headcount figures associated with the deal were not disclosed. But roughly 20 consultants from Korkia will join the buyer, according to a Consultancy.eu estimate.
This is BearingPoint's second sustainability consulting acquisition in recent months. The other involved iCare Consultants -- an 80-person organization with offices in Paris, France and Brazil.
Related: See all M&A deals involving ESG and sustainability consulting firms here.
BearingPoint Sustainability Practice: Market Focus Areas
BearingPoint is the former KPMG Consulting business. The firm has had a sustainability practice since 2010. That team focuses on such areas as renewable energy, resource industries and low emission traffic across such vertical markets as Public Sector, Consumer Goods, Retail, Utilities and Transportation.
Key names mentioned in the M&A announcement include:
- Kiumars Hamidian, managing partner, BearingPoint
- Eric Conway, regional leader for the GROW region (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Italy, The Netherlands, UK and Ireland) at BearingPoint
The overall BearingPoint company has three business units:
- Consulting -- an advisory business with a "clear focus on selected business areas."
- Products -- which provides IP-driven digital assets and managed services for business-critical processes.
- Capital -- which offers M&A (merger and acquisition) and transaction services.
The buyer employs more than 13,000 people and supports clients in over 70 countries, the company said in March 2023.