Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT services companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Green IT Alliances
1. Partner of the Year - IT Services: Logicalis has been named Sustainability Partner of the Year at Cisco Partner Summit 2023. Among the reasons why, Logicalis oversees:
- Responsible recycling and repurposing of end-of-use equipment by customers such as GJames in Australia.
- Smart building solutions that maximise energy and resource efficiency for customers such as UKRI in the United Kingdom.
- A Digital Fabric Platform, powered by Cisco technology that enable customers to measure and reduce the environmental impact of their IT infrastructure.
Logicalis holds the Cisco Environmental Sustainability Specialization in 15 territories around the world.
2. Partnership: Grid solutions providers Swell Energy Inc. and Shifted Energy inked a strategic alliance and digital partnership designed to "deliver greater value to the expanding base of energy consumers and utilities they serve."
3. Apple: Apple does not charge more to account for its carbon reduction efforts on its widely-used consumer technology products, its top executive for sustainability said at the Reuters NEXT conference in New York, Reuters reported.
4. Electric Vehicles (EVs) - Earnings Delay: Fisker delayed the release of its Q3 2023 financial results until November 13 from November 6. The delay comes after the departure of the company's former chief accounting officer.
5. Cloud Services: PerfectScale's software allows customers to visualize, track and reduce the carbon impact of Kubernetes clusters running in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform, the company announced.
6. Fossil Fuel Executives: How much of a presence do fossil fuel executives have at climate conferences? Hmmm...
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments, Funding and Green IT Business Launches
1. M&A - Consulting: BIP has acquired Verco, an energy management and sustainability business providing zero-carbon solutions to customers. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
2. M&A List: Here's our database of all M&A deals involving sustainability, green IT and renewable energy buyers, sellers and investors.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States Power Grid: Power grids that supply more than half of the U.S. population may run short of electricity during an extended cold snap or severe storm over the coming winter, according to North American Electric Reliability Corp., Bloomberg reported.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Nexpo and Tallinn GreenTech Week 2023 (November 13-17, Estonia)
- Microsoft Ignite 2023 (November 14-17, Seattle, Washington)
- Houston Carbon Management Community Summit (November 16-17, Houston, Texas)
- ESG Evolve 2023 Conference (November 21-23, Malaysia)
- AWS re:Invent 2023 Conference (November 27-December 1, Las Vegas)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.