4. Partnership - IBM ESG Software Reseller:Nexion Group of Perth, Australia, confirmed plans to resell IBM's Watson AI platform and the company's Sustainability Suite, CRN Australia reported. The ESG offering for data collection, analysis and reporting will be delivered using the IBM Envizi SaaS suite, while the asset monitoring, management, maintenance and optimization will be delivered using IBM’s Maximo, MRO and TRIRIGA software solutions, the report said.
5. Partnership - IT Consulting and Data Center Sustainability: Wipro FullStride Cloud has partnered with Pure Storage to "help clients accelerate their sustainability journey through the power of technology. The goal is to empower customers to drive a more sustainable data center footprint by providing more efficient strategies to minimize the environmental impact," the two companies said.
6. Startup Partnership - Green Data Centers:GreenSquareDC, a data center company focused on Green IT and sustainability, has joined NVIDIA Inception, a program designed to nurture startups. NVIDIA Inception will "empower GreenSquareDC with go-to-market support, training, and AI technology assistance," the companies said.
9. Massachusetts - Solar Energy Partnership: Altus Power and channel partner REA have built a solar and batter storage system in Holliston, Massachusetts. The project adds the 116 megawatts of solar arrays owned and operated by Altus Power in Massachusetts (as of March 31st, 2023), the company said.
11. Energy Subscription Services:Bloom Energy has launched Series 10 -- a 10MW fuel cell offers a five-year, flat-rate contract that "enables customers to rapidly meet growing power needs and net-zero compliance at competitive costs and without committing to a long-term contract or worrying about cost increases," Bloom Energy asserted.
12. Financial Results - Renewable Energy Equipment:GE Vernova in Q3 of 2023 achieved "record" renewable energy orders of $8.3 billion, and the organization achieved double-digit revenue growth of 24% led by higher demand for Onshore Wind, Offshore Wind, and Grid. The organization's Power business "delivered solid services orders and profit growth driven by continued productivity and price," GE Vernova added.
2. United Kingdom: UK greenhouse gas emissions dropped in the first quarter for the first time in two years, as the post-pandemic recovery in demand eased and renewable energy contributed more to the energy mix, Bloomberg reported.
3. South Africa: The country's electricity minister attacked the country’s groundbreaking $8.5 billion climate finance pact with some of the world’s richest nations whereby it will close some coal-fired power plants and re-purpose them to produce renewable energy, Bloomberg reported.
. India - Green Investments: New policies to classify green investments would help spur an energy transition in India that’s likely to need spending of $200 billion a year, according to REC Ltd., a key lender to the nation’s power sector, Bloomberg reported.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar