Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Corporate ESG Reports: Our database of corporate sustainability reports now spans 263 companies.
2. New Chief Sustainability Officers (CSOs): Our database of chief sustainability officers now tracks 303 CSOs. The latest additions to the database include:
3. Earnings - Financial and ESG Reporting Software: Workiva's revenue was $155 million in Q2 of 2023, up 18% from Q2 of 2022. GAAP net loss was $20.9 million, compared to a $28.2 million GAAP net loss in Q2 of 2022. The results "speak to the value of managing financial reporting, non-financial (or ESG) reporting, and audit, risk and controls all in one platform," CEO Julie Iskow said.
4. Industrial Carbon Monitoring Software: The Honeywell Forge Sustainability for Industrials | Emissions Management software application has expanded to allow "industrial companies to measure and monitor both direct and indirect greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from their operations," the company said.
B. Sustainability Podcasts, Conversations and Interviews
1. Data Center Sustainability Strategies: Featuring Robert Burger, office of the CTO, Schneider Electric.
2. Small Business Carbon Accounting Trends: Featuring Alexis Normand, CEO, Greenly.
3. Coming Soon - Smart Buildings and Energy-Efficient Commercial Real Estate : Featuring Sam Ramadori, CEO, BrainBox AI. Coming soon.
4. Who's Next?: Do you want to potentially share your views on the Sustainable Tech Partner podcast? Email your request to Joe Panettieri, founder of Mentore Ventures and Sustainable Tech Partner (Joe@MentoreVentures.com).
C. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 114 mergers and acquisitions involving sustainability so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
D. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. Help Wanted - Canada: Royal Bank of Canada, facing criticism from climate activists for its lending to oil and gas companies, is creating a new position in its senior executive ranks to implement an effective response to climate issues, Reuters reported.
E. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- ASES Solar 2023 Conference (August 8-11, Boulder, Colorado)
- MEMA Sustainability Summit (August 15, Troy, Michigan)
- World ESG Summit 2023 (August 21-22, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Google Cloud Next 2023 Partner and Customer Conference (August 29-21, San Francisco)
- Sustainability Live 2023 (September 6-7, London, United Kingdom)
- International Conference on Sustainable Development - ICSD 2023 (Rome, Italy)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
F. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send Us Your News Tips. Please email me the details.