Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Chief Sustainability Officers: Our database of chief sustainability officers now spans 368 CSOs. The lated additions include:
- Juan Jose Freijo, Brambles’ Chief Sustainability Officer,
- Joli Gross, General counsel, corporate secretary and chief sustainability officer, United Rentals
- Marina Severinovsky, Head of Sustainability, North America, Schroders
2. ESG Software: Workiva is striving to become a $1 billion software company. True believers in the growth strategy include investment firm Baird, which appears impressed with "Workiva's partner-led focus and platform approach."
3. Distribution: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute Schneider Electric's solutions into New Zealand. The move expands an existing relationship between the two companies.
4. Partnership: Outbrain has partnered with Cedara to measure and share in-depth emissions measurements with its advertiser partners.
5. Partnership - Sustainable Mobility: Hyundai Motor Group and Georgia Tech are partnering on sustainable mobility, the hydrogen economy, and workforce development, the two organizations said.
6. Research - Office Buildings and Carbon Emissions: Digital and electric solutions can cut carbon emissions in office buildings by up to 70%, Schneider Electric research found. The research, develops with global design firm WSP, is based on modeling the energy performance and carbon emissions of a large office building built in the early 2000s across various U.S. Climate Zones, Schneider Electric said.
7. Amazon Devices: The latest Amazon Echo products and Fire TV Sticks tout sustainability progress. Related: Here's a close look at Amazon and AWS sustainability developments.
8. Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger - Home Solution: ShockFlo has released S1 EV Home Charger.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. SEC ESG Claims: The SEC voted to impose the most sweeping overhaul for financial fund-labeling regulations in more than two decades, Bloomberg reported. Among the areas of concern that the SEC wants to address: Misleading ESG and growth fund labels.
2. Funding: HSBC Holdings plans to allocate $1 billion in financing to support emerging climate-tech companies around the world, in a push to help reduce carbon emissions, Reuters reported.
3. M&A - Sustainable Printing: Durst Group has acquired Aleph, a provider of water-based and sustainable printing technologies. Aleph, based in Como, Italy, develops printing solutions for textiles, billboards and posters, software signage and home decor. The seller was Wise Equity. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
4. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 131 mergers and acquisitions so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States - Climate Careers: The Biden Administration launched The Climate Corps. as a "workforce training and service initiative that will ensure more young people have access to the skills-based training necessary for good-paying careers in the clean energy and climate resilience economy." But the lengthy focused mostly on environmental jobs rather than green IT or sustainable technology careers.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Post-Combustion Capture Conference (PCCC7) 2023 (September 25-28, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Greenbuild International Conference and Expo 2023 (September 26-29, Washington, D.C.)
- London Climate Technology Show 2023 (September 26-27)
- Sustainability Reporting USA 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- ESG Investment North America 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.