Multiple companies hired or promoted executives into the chief sustainability officer (CSO) role during June 2023. The CSO appointments happened worldwide at companies across multiple vertical markets -- including financial services, digital streaming, retail, manufacturing, mining and more.
Here are the CSO names technology partners need to know:
1. Dana Barsky: Standard Chartered, an international banking firm listed in the London and Hong Kong stock exchanges, hired Credit Suisse veteran Dana Barsky as global head of sustainability strategy and net zero.
2. Valérie Bernard: Deezer, a provider of music streaming services, has hired Richemont Group veteran Valérie Bernard as chief human resources & sustainability officer.
3. Richard Broekman: Atlas Air Inc., a subsidiary of Atlas Air Worldwide, promoted Richard Broekman to executive VP, chief commercial officer and head of sustainability.
4. Selwyn Crittendon: IKEA US business development expert Selwyn Crittendon will shift to CEO and CSO of IKEA Canada on August 1, 2023, the home furnishing retailer said.
5. Terryn Lawrence: Rabobank has hired Persefoni veteran Terryn Lawrence as CSO for North America, the financial services firm announced.
6. Malisa Maynard: Mohawk Industries promoted Malisa Maynard to CSO, the global flooring company and Fortune 500 business announced.
7. Steve Peters: Real estate investor ISPT of Australia promoted Steve Peters to the newly formed role of CSO.
8. Suanne Retallack: Mining company Newmont Corp has promoted Suzanne Retallack to chief safety and sustainability officer. Retallack shifts to the new role as Newmont strives to finalize the big Newcrest Mining acquisition by Q4 of 2023.
New Chief Sustainability Officers (CSOs): Why Technology Partners Should Care
By 2027, 25% of Global 2000 companies will have assigned a chief sustainability officer (CSO) responsible for meeting their organization’s ESG goals and making ESG-related IT purchasing decisions, according to IDC.
Technology partners need to extend their sales, marketing, engagement and support strategies to successfully fulfill those CSO needs, Sustainable Tech Partner believes.