Good morning. Here is the latest news, research and market analysis that sustainable technology partners need to know for Monday, January 9, 2023.
1. Sustainable Data Centers: Stony Brook University, Binghamton University and Pennsylvania State University have received a $1.5 million National Science Foundation (NSF) Large Computer and Network Systems (CNS) grant to study sustainability in data centers.
2. U.S. Government Agencies and Sustainability Rules?: The White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) has released updated Guidance on Consideration of Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Climate Change to help Federal agencies better assess and disclose climate impacts. Among the items to note: The proposed rule would require contractors receiving over $7.5 million in annual contract obligations to disclose greenhouse gas emissions. And it would require those receiving over $50 million in annual contract obligations to also set greenhouse gas reduction targets, according to Blank Rome.
3. Partnership: Bain & Company and Schneider Electric inked a worldwide strategic partnership. The new partnership will combine Bain & Company's deep advisory expertise in decarbonization and its capabilities across industries in manufacturing excellence, including supply chain enhancement, performance improvement and operational delivery, and Schneider Electric's market-leading experience in strategically designing and implementing clients' carbon reduction and energy use transformations.
4. Funding: Redigo, a London-based startup that helps companies manage their carbon footprint, has raised more than $270,000 from Invento VC fund under the BRIdge Alfa program, AIN reports.
5. Sustainable Construction: Green Badger, a SaaS developer for managing sustainable construction has unveiled a mobile application to help customers document and validate thousands of green, sustainable products from a phone or tablet.
6. Insurance - Net Zero Goal: The Allstate Corp. has committed to achieve net zero emissions for direct, indirect and value-chain greenhouse gas emissions by 2030. It will also set a target year for achieving a net zero investment portfolio by the end of 2025, the company said.
7. Net Zero Reality Check: The world could reach net zero greenhouse gas emissions in the early 2040s, substantially ahead of the mid-century climate target, if governments set more stretching goals and make bold policy decisions, the UK’s outgoing climate business expert Nigel Topping said, according to The Guardian.
8. Managed Energy Services Defined: Keep an eye on managed energy service provider Budderfly -- which private equity firm Partners Group acquired in July 2022...
9. Vanguard and Net Zero Investing: Here's the latest...
10. Yesterday's daily news update: Here it is in case you missed it.
Got news to share? Email the details to Sustainable Tech Partner Editorial Director Joe Panettieri.