Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT services companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Green IT Alliances
1. Research - Net Zero Goals: Roughly 1,000 companies in the Forbes2000 index now have a net-zero target, but only 4% of the companies meet United Nations guidelines for the net-zero efforts, according to Net Zero Tracker, Reuters reported.
2. Partnership: Supplier.io and impak Analytics have partnered to help customers gain more supply chain and sustainability visibility.
3. Leadership - Wind Power: Airloom Energy has named Neal Rickner to succeed founder Robert Lumley as CEO. Lumley's new position was not disclosed.
4. Leadership - Electric Vehicles (EVs): Fisker has promoted David King to chief technology officer.
5. Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF): Virgin Atlantic will fly from London to New York on November 28 using 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), after Britain gave it permission, paving the way for a world first as airlines step up efforts to decarbonize travel, Reuters reported.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments, Funding and Green IT Business Launches
1. Funding - Climate Technology: Climate tech companies raised $16.6 billion in Q3 of 2023 -- the best quarter of fundraising for the sector in roughly years, BloombergNEF reported.
2. Funding - Private Equity: KKR & Co has completed the raise of its second global impact fund dedicated to investments that advance sustainability and social equity, amassing $2.8 billion, Reuters reported.
3. M&A - Solar Energy: CleanChoice Energy, a farm-to-table clean energy company, has acquired a solar project in Franklin County, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania. This is CleanChoice’s first acquisition as part of its long term ownership strategy. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
4. M&A- Energy Storage: Investment firm EQT is acquiring battery storage firm Statera Energy from InfraRed Capital Partners. Financial terms of the deal were not announced, but sources say the deal was valued at more than £500 million ($620 million), Bloomberg reported.
5. M&A List: Here's our database of all M&A deals involving sustainability, green IT and renewable energy buyers, sellers and investors.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States - New Jersey Wind Power Challenges: Danish energy firm Orsted's shock decision to cancel two offshore wind farms off New Jersey was based in large part on big delays securing the ship it needed to build the project, Reuters reported.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Smart City Expo World Congress 2023 (November 7-9, Barcelona, Spain)
- Oka' Sustainability Conference 2023 (November 8-9, Oklahoma)
- Americas Conference - Sustainable Resilience (November 9-11, San Francisco)
- Nexpo and Tallinn GreenTech Week 2023 (November 13-17, Estonia)
- Microsoft Ignite 2023 (November 14-17, Seattle, Washington)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.