Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners; renewable energy and green IT service providers; management consultants; CIOs; chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Green IT Alliances
1. CEO Sustainability Guide: Bain & Co has introduced a CEO's guide to sustainability.
2. Battery Energy Storage System (BESS): Vertiv has introduced the Vertiv DynaFlex BESS, which is designed to help customers that have mission critical facilities. Available in North America and EMEA, the Vertiv DynaFlex BESS allows organizations to leverage solar, wind, hydrogen fuel cells, and other forms of alternative energy.
3. Green Tech Funding: JP Morgan ESG head Chuka Umunna is calling for new green tech funding model, Reuters reported.
4. Generative AI: Schneider Electric is leveraging Microsoft Azure OpenAI and other tools to accelerate productivity while focusing on sustainability, the two companies said.
5. Net Zero Aftermath?: An ominous climate science report from the United Nations in 2021 offered one hopeful thread amid warnings of rising seas and strengthening storms, Bloomberg reported. Once all countries nix greenhouse gas emissions, it noted, warming is likely to stop pretty quickly.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments, Funding and Green IT Business Launches
1. M&A - Reverse Logistics: Blue Yonder has completed the Doddle acquisition. The buyer gains reverse logistics capabilities that improve sustainability.
2. M&A List: Here's our database of all M&A deals involving sustainability, green IT and renewable energy buyers, sellers and investors.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. Europe - Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Network: Convenience retailer EG Group has agreed to acquire Tesla's latest ultra-fast charging units for the company's fast-growing evpoint business across the UK and Europe.
2. Japan: The nation’s green plan — known as the GX policy — is “significantly misaligned” with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s guidance on limiting the rise in global temperatures, said InfluenceMap, Bloomberg reported. The group cited the policy’s reliance on coal, liquefied natural gas, hydrogen and ammonia, the report said.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Wetex 2023 (November 15-17, Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Houston Carbon Management Community Summit (November 16-17, Houston, Texas)
- ESG Evolve 2023 Conference (November 21-23, Malaysia)
- AWS re:Invent 2023 (November 27-December 1, Las Vegas)
- COP28 (November 30-December 12, UAE)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.