Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Chief Sustainability Officers: Our database of chief sustainability officers now spans 368 CSOs.
2. IT Carbon Monitoring: Dynatrace, a major provider of observability software for application and infrastructure monitoring, has launched the Carbon Impact app to help partners and customers manage their IT carbon footprints across on-premises, hybrid and multi-cloud infrastructure.
3. Green Data Centers: GreenSquareDC and Schneider Electric are partnering to roll out GreenSquareDC's 96MW data centre in Perth, Australia, ChannelLife reported.
4. AI and Sustainability: Here are some of the benefits and challenges involving artificial intelligence (AI) and sustainability, according to The Wall Street Journal.
5. Energy Storage - Multi-Family Homes: Sunnova Energy International and FranklinWH Energy Storage have launched a 208V compliant battery for multi-family homes.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 131 mergers and acquisitions so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States - New York Real Estate Decarbonization Law: Local Law 97, New York City’s effort to rein in carbon emissions from its big buildings, is facing pushback from real estate owners, Energy News reported.
2. United States - California and Sustainable Mobility: Logistics companies are buying diesel trucks as California prepares to roll out a zero-emission vehicles rule for selected trucks purchased in 2024 and beyond, The Wall Street Journal reported.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Post-Combustion Capture Conference (PCCC7) 2023 (September 25-28, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Greenbuild International Conference and Expo 2023 (September 26-29, Washington, D.C.)
- London Climate Technology Show 2023 (September 26-27)
- Sustainability Reporting USA 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- ESG Investment North America 2023 (October 2-3, New York)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.