Silverlake Axis (SAL), a financial services and FinTech company in Singapore, has named Anil Singh Gill as chief sustainability officer (CSO).
Here are four things to know about Gill's experience and focus, and the Silverlake Axis sustainability strategy.
1. Business Scope and Scale: Silverlake Axis, founded in 1989, develops a banking solution for financial services companies across South-East Asia. The company has been listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange since 2003. Over 40% of the top 20 largest banks in South-East Asia run the Silverlake Axis core banking solution, according to the company's LinkedIn profile.
2. Sustainability Strategy, Goals and Milestones: Silverlake Axis has published an annual sustainability report since fiscal year 2018. For fiscal year 2022 vs. 2021, key milestones included:
- Reducing electricity consumption by 52%.
- Reducing petrol consumption by 62%.
- Reducing carbon emissions intensity by 63%.
- Managing 139kg of e-waste.
3. Anil Singh Gill's Focus and Responsibilities: Gill previously was senior executive VP focused on risk and sustainability. He joined the company in 2019. Earlier, he held key financial posts at AmBank Group, Touch 'Go Pvt Ltd. and CIMB.
As CSO, Gill is responsible for leading and overseeing the company's sustainability efforts across all areas of the business, Silverlake Axis said. He oversees the development and implementation of sustainability strategies, policies and initiatives that align with the company’s business objectives and contribute to sustainable development in the communities where Silverlake operate, the firm added.
4. Reporting Structure and Executive Perspectives: Gill reports to group managing director Andrew Teik Wei Tan, and works with the company’s leadership team to advance ESG goals. In a prepared statement about Gill's role, Tan said: "Gill has been a valuable member of the SAL family for the past four years, and we are delighted to appoint him as our chief sustainability officer. His experience and expertise in the banking industry and the ESG landscape will undoubtedly help us to achieve our sustainability objectives, and we look forward to working with him to create long-term value for our stakeholders."
Added Gill: "I am excited to take on this new role and continue to work towards advancing SAL's ESG goals. Over the past four years, I have been privileged to work with such a great team, and I look forward to continuing to collaborate with them to ensure that ESG is integrated into the company's decision-making processes. As an experienced banker, I am also committed to ensuring that our sustainability efforts align with the ESG landscape of the banking industry."
Silverlake Axis Chief Sustainability Officer: Why Technology Partners Should Care
By 2027, 25% of Global 2000 companies will have assigned a chief sustainability officer (CSO) responsible for meeting their organization’s ESG goals and making ESG-related IT purchasing decisions, according to IDC.
The bottom line: Technology partners need to extend their sales, marketing, engagement and support strategies to successfully fulfill those CSO customer needs, Sustainable Tech Partner believes.