Here is today’s sustainability, Net Zero and circular economy news, research and analysis. This daily update is designed for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Send Us Your News Tips: Got news or chatter to share? Please email me.
Our updates for Friday, April 7, 2023 include…
A. Sustainability and Net-Zero Partnerships, Research & News
1. Distribution: TD Synnex is launching a Sustainability Ecosystem that will "bring United Kingdom and Ireland partners together to learn how they can reduce their carbon footprint and develop and deliver solutions and services that will help their customers to move towards their own net zero carbon (NZC) goals, the distributor said. Key names involved in the effort include Neil Cornish, ecosystems business manager, UK, TD SYNNEX.
2. Partnership - Supply Chain Sustainability: NTT, NTT Anode Energy Corporation, NEC and NEC Platforms are working together to promote a decarbonized society. The joint effort will promote decarbonization efforts -- including key steps within and across supply chains.
3. Partnership - Sustainable Mobility: The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and the city’s CO.LAB startup accelerator are partnering to focus on sustainable mobility research, the organizations announced.
4. Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations - Walmart: By 2030, Walmart intends to build its own EV fast-charging network at thousands of Walmart and Sam’s Club locations coast-to-coast. This would be in addition to the almost 1,300 EV fast-charging stations that Walmart already has available at more than 280 U.S. facilities.
5. Electric Vehicle Charging Stations & Solar Power: Nissin Foods USA, the creator of Top Ramen and Cup Noodles, has installed solar panels and EV charging stations at the company's United States headquarters in Gardena, California. The effort includes a 276 kilo-Watt solar panel installed by SunGreen Systems to power 100% of the electricity for the corporate office, and the addition of six EV charging stations at the Gardena headquarters for employees with electric vehicles.
6. Higher Education: Brown University has launched an Initiative for Sustainable Energy -- which will "serve as a campus hub for driving technological advances in sustainable energy and preparing the next-generation of leaders in net-zero-carbon energy solutions," the university said.
7. Talent - Hospitality Services: ReloQuest has named Lorna Bosco as executive VP of strategic partnerships. Bosco's new role will also encompass sustainability and DEI efforts for the organization.
8. Research - Switzerland: Fully 70% of companies in Switzerland have adopted ESG initiatives – on different scales and with differing levels of intensity, according to Cylad Consulting survey results.
B. Sustainability Funding, Financing, Mergers & Acquisitions
Nothing to see here today. Move along. Move along.
C. Sustainability and Net-Zero Government Policies
1. European Union - Aviation: The European Commission has proposed labelling certain investments in aviation as green, after a months-long row over whether to add the sector to the EU's list of sustainable investments, Reuters reported.
2. Singapore: Through the Singapore Green Plan, the Republic has goals of developing an ecosystem of carbon services -- which may create 50,000 related new jobs by 2030, The Straight Times reported.
D. Sustainability Conferences, Summits and Events Calendar
Here are five upcoming sustainability conferences and ESG events for business and technology partners:
E. Send Us Your News Tips
Got news tips, research or data to share? Please email me the details.