Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology & Talent Developments
1. New Corporate Sustainability Reports: Our database tracking corporate sustainability reports and associated Net Zero goals now spans 101 companies and organizations. Today's additions include GoDaddy, Johnson Controls and N-able.
2. IT Consulting & ESG Software: Bain & Company is backing ESG Flo, an AI-enabled data management solution for environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs.
3. Earnings: Revenue at Brookfield Renewable Partners was $1.33 billion in Q1 of 2023, up from $1.13 billion in Q1 of 2022. Net income was $177 million, up from $33 million in Q1 of 2022. The financial results generally beat Wall Street's expectations, according to SeekingAlpha. Brookfield Renewable specializes in hydroelectric, wind, solar, distributed energy and sustainable technology solutions across five continents.
4. Salesforce Green Software Coding: The cloud CRM software giant launched a Sustainability Guide for Salesforce Consulting. The guide is designed for software designers, architects, developers and operations experts.
B. Sustainability Partnerships, Alliances, M&A & Investments
1. University Research: Six universities, backed by $20 million from the National Science Foundation and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, have launched the AI Institute for Climate-Land Interactions, Mitigation, Adaptation, Tradeoffs and Economy (AI-CLIMATE). The effort seeks to "create more climate-smart practices that will curb U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, while boosting the economy in the agriculture and forestry industries."
C. Regional and Global Sustainability News
1. United States - Insurance Regulation Concerns: U.S. Sens. Tim Scott (R-SC) and John Thune (R-SD) are among a group of lawmakers expressing concerns over efforts by the Federal Insurance Office to bring environmental, social, and governance (ESG) standards to the insurance industry, Financial Regulation News (FRN) reported.
2. Germany and Kenya: The two countries pledged to strengthen cooperation on climate protection, green energy and the exchange of workers after talks between Chancellor Olaf Scholz and President William Ruto in Nairobi, Bloomberg reported.
3. Australia: The Federal Government’s new National Net Zero Authority will be "crucial to ensure everyone gets to share in Australia’s next era of prosperity as a renewables superpower," according to a statement from the council. Prime Minister Anthony Albanese offered this statement.
4. Vietnam: The country aims to more than double its power generation capacity by 2030, but has slightly lowered its target for offshore wind and will heavily rely on coal until the end of the decade, Reuters reported.
Send Us Your News Tips: Got news or chatter to share? Please email me.