3. Partnership - Software: Ivanti and Greenly are collaborating to "enable accurate carbon accounting across Ivanti's operations, allowing the company to identify areas for improvement and strengthen its sustainable practices," the two companies said.
4. Distribution - IoT and Smart Buildings:MCCI and Nordic Propeye are partnering to distribute IoT (Internet of Things) products to the United States market. The goal: Empower businesses and consumers to build smarter communities, the two companies said.
6. Partnership - Hospitality & Solar Energy:IHG Hotels & Resorts is partnering with Ampion, and will provide hotels with a community solar offering that includes Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). The effort will helping hotels reduce greenhouse gas emissions by accessing renewable energy through solar panel projects built near a hotel’s community, IHG said.
7. PR and Advertising - Sustainability Committee:Dentsu of Tokyo, Japan has formed a Group Sustainability Committee to further strengthen the advertising and PR company's sustainability management, the company said. The 12-person group includes executives representing multiple business functions, along with Anna Lungley, chief sustainability officer for Dentsu International Markets, and Yuko Kitakaze, chief sustainability officer for Dentsu Japan.
8. CFOs and Corporate ESG Requirements: Finance chiefs should focus on three areas when building climate-reporting systems—collecting data, tracking regulation and coordinating with ESG raters, according to The Wall Street Journal.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
Nothing to see here today. Move along. Move along.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States - California Electric Grid Legislation: As California ramps up renewable energy production to meet statewide climate goals, new legislation is aiming to expedite the integration of equipment that shuttles electricity from point A to point B, The Hill reported.
2. United States - Atlanta EV (Electric Vehicle) Charging Stations: The city of Atlanta, Georgia, has applied for a grant that would assist the construction of EV chargers at up to 20 Fulton County Libraries, among other locations, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
3. China - Wind Power Project: The country's Guangdong province will accept bids in June 2023 to construct 23 gigawatts of offshore wind power as one of the nation’s economic engines seeks to stave off energy shortages, Bloomberg reported. The overall wind power buildout plan is more than the world has ever built in a year., the report said. Allocations will be granted in August, Bloomberg concluded.