4. Partnership - Sustainable Data Centers: Alces Flight and Deep Green inked a commercial partnership involving micro data centers that power HPCA and Edge workloads. Deep Green’s “data furnace” technology will transform server heat into hot water for district heating systems and other industries.
8. Talent - Climate Tech Hiring: Global hiring and networking site Climatebase has posted more than 46,000 jobs from over 1,500 organizations over the past two years, Bloomberg reported. Many of the jobs involve non-technical careers in areas such as sales, HR and marketing.
9. Talent Challenges: Companies that mine copper, lithium and other metals—viewed as a critical part of the supply chain to produce green energy—say they are struggling to find enoughyoung workers to support the transition, The Wall Street Journal reported.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. M&A - Sustainability Consulting: SWCA Environmental Consultants of Phoenix, Arizona, has acquired ALO Advisors LLC, an international management consulting firm focused on sustainability advisory services. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. M&A - Private Equity and HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning):Blackstone has completed the previously announced acquisition of a majority stake in Emerson’s Climate Technologies business. The deal was valued at $14.0 billion. The acquired business, to be rebranded as Copeland, had $2022 net sales of $5 billion. Blackstone is positioning Copeland as a company that will "advance the next generation of climate technologies in the HVAC market.
3. M&A - Solar Power:Shell has acquired 12 solar projects in Spain with a total capacity of 1.1 gigawatt from renewables developer Isemaren, according to Reuters.
5. Funding - ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) Real Estate Software: Measurabl, which develops an ESG technology platform for real estate, has raised $93 million Series D funding. The funding will be used for R&D, international expansion and global partnerships. Energy Impact Partners and Sway Ventures led the round. Additional investors include Moderne Ventures, WVV, Suffolk Construction, Broadscale, Camber Creek, Salesforce Ventures, Building Ventures, Constellation Technology Ventures, Concrete Ventures, RET Ventures, Colliers, and Lincoln Property Company. Related: Measurabl partner program details are in our global partner programs database.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. Green Energy Growth: Global additions of renewable power capacity are expected to rise by a third in 2023, the International Energy Agency (IEA) said, as stronger government policies and energy security concerns drive more clean energy deployment, Reuters reported.
2. Worldwide Call for Disclosures: CDP is calling on more than 1,600 companies that make big environmental impacts to disclose environmental data, Reuters reported.