Good morning. Here is the latest news, research and market analysis that sustainable technology partners need to know for Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
1. Consulting Services: Deloitte has launched GreenSpace Tech by Deloitte, which helps clientele to "accelerate decarbonization and value creation by convening climate technology ecosystems to enable businesses to access and select the right technology, help reduce risk in investments and support application at pace," the consultancy said.
2. Legislation: The State of Washington has announced plans to enshrine its commitment to net zero carbon emissions by 2050 in law, but will not set targets to get there until at least the end of 2023, a local ABC affiliate reported.
3. Net-Zero Railways: Can railroad networks shift to net-zero business models? Urban Transport News offers this reality check.
4. Lawsuit - Germany: A prominent environmental group is suing the German government over the failure to meet its own climate targets, the Associated Press reported.
5. China ESG Question Marks: Many Chinese companies are making disclosures about environment, social and governance (ESG) issues without first performing crucial assessments that should precede any such disclosures to ensure their relevance, according to a study by KPMG, the South China Morning Post reported.
Got news to share? Email the details to Sustainable Tech Partner Editorial Director Joe Panettieri.