Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Corporate Sustainability Reports Database: Our database tracking corporate sustainability reports and associated net-zero goals now spans 194 companies and organizations. Today's additions are Genesys and GreenWaste.
2. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Sustainability: Artificial Intelligence is the only way to help organizations achieve more concrete sustainability targets, IBM asserted during recent conversations in Asia.
3. Partnership - Aerospace Sustainability: Capgemini and Amazon Web Services (AWS) have launched Lifecycle Optimization for Aerospace. The cloud-based platform seeks to accelerate "the adoption of circular economy practices in the aviation industry by automating the inspection process, optimizing lifecycle analysis of aircraft parts, and guiding decisions to extend their lifespan." Early testers and adopters include Air France and Safran.
4. Partnership - Consulting and Carbon Accounting: Management consulting firm Sia Partners has become Greeenly's first Gold Solution Partner.
5. Accounting and ESG Consulting: Clearview Group, a management consulting and CPA firm, has launched an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Advisory practice.
6. Financial Services Software: Sphera has launched SpheraCloud Corporate Sustainability–Portfolio Management, which is "designed to help organizations reliably measure and manage their portfolio carbon footprint, assess climate-related risks and opportunities, integrate a climate strategy into their organization, as appropriate, and meet ESG reporting requirements," the company said.
7. Aerospace - Software: Maeve Aerospace B.V. has adopted the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio of industry software and services to "aid in the development of Maeve 01 – its next-generation, zero emissions all-electric passenger aircraft," the company said.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. M&A - ESG Consulting: Global communications firm Labrador has acquired Argyle to expand the firm’s advisory, design, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) expertise. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. M&A - Data Center Design: Brookfield Infrastructure and Ontario Teachers’ has acquired Compass Datacenters, which designs and constructs sustainable data centers for some of the world’s largest hyperscalers and cloud providers on campuses across the globe. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
3. M&A - Conferences: Agriconnect, the UK’s largest agricultural information business, has acquired Low Carbon Agriculture (LCA) from Renewable Energy Events Ltd. LCA manages four co-located events: Energy Now Expo, Environmental Business Expo, Farm Technology Expo, and Low Emissions Vehicle Expo.
4. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 80 mergers and acquisitions involving sustainability so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. Canada Net-Zero Shortfall: Canada will fall short of reaching net-zero emissions by 2050, unless it takes actions beyond the efforts already underway, the Canada Energy Regulator (CER) said, according to Reuters.
2. Australia Electric Grid: Australia's most populous state will be ready for 100% renewable energy within a decade under a A$16.5 billion ($11.20 billion) infrastructure investment plan announced by Transgrid -- a major grid operator, Reuters reported.
Send Us Your News Tips: Got news or chatter to share? Please email me.