Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Corporate Sustainability Reports Database: Our database tracking corporate sustainability reports and associated net-zero goals now spans 192 companies and organizations. Today's addition is Inflexion Private Equity.
2. Sustainability Partner Programs Database: Our database tracking sustainability partner programs now spans 108 technology and energy companies. Today's addition is EVoke Systems, a provider of EV (electric vehicle) charging stations and cloud-based energy management systems.
3. Cloud Software - Scope 3 Reporting: Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability is previewing Scope 3 reporting support and various ESG reporting updates. The updates could help technology partners and customers to more easily address emerging climate reporting regulations.
4. Executive Leadership: Carbon8 -- a UK-based cleantech company that specializes in carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) -- has named Paul Drennan-Durose as its new CEO.
5. Data Center Research - Liquid Cooling Market Growth Forecast: Global spending on data center liquid cooling technology will reach $8.5 billion by 2030, up from $1.9 billion in 2022. That's a 20.3% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to ResearchAndMarkets.
6. Distribution - Electric Vehicle Charging Networks: FleetZero has agreed to distribute EVoke System's cloud platform for electric vehicle (EV) charging, energy management, and grid interaction to "help mitigate the challenges light to heavy duty fleets encounter as they transition to zero emissions," the two companies said.
7. Shell - Net-Zero Question Marks: Legal & General Investment Management, the UK’s largest asset manager, said it wants Shell Plc to explain how it thinks it can still reach net zero emissions by 2050 while ratcheting up investments in fossil fuels, Bloomberg reported.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 80 mergers and acquisitions involving sustainability so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. Switzerland - Pending Climate Legislation: The Swiss government hopes voters will support a draft climate law aiming to cut emissions to net zero by 2050 as it seeks to comply with its global commitments after an earlier attempt failed, Reuters reported.
2. COP28 - Concerns Loom?: Diplomats pushing for stronger climate action walked away from a two-week preparatory meeting for COP28 disappointed by inter-country bickering and what some said was a lack of ambition from the United Arab Emirates, this year’s host nation, Bloomberg reported. Still, the United Nations expressed a more positive view of the Bonn Climate Conference -- stating that it closed with "progress on key issues" while "laying groundwork for COP28."
Send Us Your News Tips: Got news or chatter to share? Please email me.