Good morning. Here is the latest news, research and market analysis that sustainable technology partners need to know for Friday, March 3, 2023.
1. M&A - Sustainability Consulting: ERM has acquired NINT, a Latin America-based consultancy providing sustainable finance and ESG advisory services in the financial services sector.
2. Partnership - Climate Software and Cloud Services: Watershed, which develops an enterprise climate software platform, has joined the Google Cloud Ready Sustainability program.
3. Google Cloud Ready Sustainability Program: Early partners in the program are listed here.
4. Financing - Data Centers: DataBank, a provider of colocation, interconnection, and managed cloud services, has issued $715 million of secured notes in its third securitization offering since 2021.
5. Green Power in Technology and Telecom: Here is the EPA's Green Power Partnership Top 30 Tech & Telecom list for 2023. DataBank (mentioned above) made the list.
6. Research - Scope 3 Challenges: Only 16% of companies analyzed have publicly set science-based targets for operational carbon emissions, according to research from Microsoft and Tata Consultancy Services.
7. Global Sustainability Standards: Japan has agreed to include new global sustainability rules in its own national reporting requirements, the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) said, according to Bloomberg.
8. Partnership: Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division and Altium have entered a strategic partnership which will help the design and manufacturing of electronics be more environmentally sustainable, the two companies said.
Got news to share? Email the details to Sustainable Technology Partner Editorial Director Joe Panettieri.