Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
Got News to Share? Email me the details.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Alliances
1. Corporate Reports List: Our database of corporate sustainability reports now spans 236 companies. The latest additions are The New York Times and ScanSource, the IT distributor.
2. Partnership - Managed Sustainability Services: Delta Capita, which specializes in managed services and technology advice for capital markets clients, has partnered with Perigon to promote sustainability advisory services, Financial IT reported.
3. Small Business Sustainability Fund: Xero is establishing a Xero Beautiful Business Fund totaling NZ$750,000. Small businesses in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom that are Xero customers can apply for funding. The fund focuses on four small business areas:
- Innovating for Sustainability;
- Trailblazing with Technology;
- Strengthening Community Connection; and
- Upskilling for the Future.
4. Apple 3D Printing and ESG: Apple will adopt 3D printing for a growing number of products to help improve on the company's ESG performance, Apple Insider reported.
5. Senator Warren vs. Elon Musk: Senator Elizabeth Warren has requested investigation into Tesla, and the company’s SEC disclosures regarding the actions of its board in managing the apparent conflicts of CEO Elon Musk.
6. Hospitality: Marriott International is seeking to source least 30% of its total electricity from renewable energy sources by the end of 2025 -- up from 2.1% in 2022, Hotels Magazine reported.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments and Funding
1. M&A - Smart Buildings: Johnson Controls has acquired FM:Systems, a provider of digital workplace management and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for facilities and real estate professionals. The base purchase price is $455 million, plus potential earn-out incentives.
2. All M&A Activity: Our M&A database has now tracked 100 mergers and acquisitions involving sustainability so far in 2023. See all M&A deals involving sustainability listed here.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States: The White House announced a $20 billion competition to "capitalize a clean energy financing network."
2. United States - California Carbon Capture Project: A $25 million project at a Calpine Corp. power plant near San Francisco will test a technology that could capture 95% of a plant’s carbon emissions, a process California officials say is critical to the state’s climate fight, Bloomberg reported.
3. United Kingdom - Research: 36% of UK business leaders want the UK government to implement mandated sustainability reporting standards, and 49% of those business leaders believe that government grants and tax incentives would significantly help them prioritize sustainability reporting, according to The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS).
D. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Our Previous Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send Us Your News Tips. Please email me the details.