Here is today’s sustainability news, research and analysis for technology partners, renewable energy and green IT services companies, management consultants, CIOs, chief sustainability officers (CSOs) and c-suite members.
A. Sustainable Technology, Talent, Partnerships and Green IT Alliances
1. New Chief Sustainability Officers: Atlantic Aviation has hired John Redcay as chief commercial & sustainability officer. He succeeds Brian Corbett. Also, Pure Harvest Smart Farms has hired Dr Josef Schmidhuber as CSO. Related: Search our global database of chief sustainability officers.
2. Tesla Cybertruck Manufacturing: Tesla plans to produce 200,000 Cybertrucks per year, according to CEO Elon Musk, who reiterated that the vehicle's production remains challenging, according to a podcast interview.
3. Building Energy Management: 75F, a provider of IoT-based building automation, has launched Saffron AI for commercial buildings. With Saffron AI, "facilities professionals can talk directly to their buildings and unlock a new way to get things done," 75F said.
4. COP28: Pope Francis will attend COP28, the first time a pontiff will be at the U.N. environmental meeting since they began in 1995, Reuters reported.
B. Sustainability M&A, Investments, Funding and Green IT Business Launches
1. M&A: Trinity Consultants has acquired Waid Environmental, an engineering and environmental services firm specializing in air quality, emissions control, permitting and compliance. The buyer is based in Dallas and the acquired business is based in Austin, Texas.
2. M&A - Energy Software: Blackstone and Vista Equity Partners are acquiring Australia's Energy Exemplar, a provider of energy market software, from private equity firm Riverside Company in a deal that sources noted was worth more than $1 billion, Reuters reported.
3. M&A List: Here's our database of all M&A deals involving sustainability, green IT and renewable energy buyers, sellers and investors.
C. Regional and Global Sustainability Policies and News
1. United States - Wind Projects and Financial Losses: Orsted A/S shares fell to their lowest level in six years after the Danish utility dropped two US wind projects and recorded 28.4 billion kroner ($4 billion) in impairments as the crisis in the wind industry worsens, Bloomberg reported.
2. Bermuda: Google will consult the Bermuda Environmental Sustainability Taskforce when an environmental impact assessment begins on a plan to bring a Google cable to Bermuda’s shores, The Royal Gazette reported.
3. Australia - Energy Transition Spending: The government needs a whole-of-government approach to bolster spending and investment in clean energy, Treasurer Jim Chalmers said, citing estimates a further A$225 billion ($145 billion) is required by 2050 for Australia achieve its net zero targets, Bloomberg reported.
D. Sustainability and Green Technology Conference Calendar
- Cisco Partner Summit 2023 (November 6-9, Miami, Florida)
- Sustainable Detroit Forum 2023 (November 6, Detroit, Michigan)
- Smart City Expo World Congress 2023 (November 7-9, Barcelona, Spain)
- Oka' Sustainability Conference 2023 (November 8-9, Oklahoma)
- Americas Conference - Sustainable Resilience (November 9-11, San Francisco)
- Complete Calendar of Sustainability Conferences
E. Previous Updates & Future News
1. Did You Miss Yesterday's Daily Update?: Here is our previous sustainability, green IT and renewable energy news for technology partners.
2. Future Updates: Send us your news tips. Please email me the details.